Accelerated Bachelor's/Master's Program

Secondary Education MEd

About the Secondary Education MEd Accelerated Bachelor's/Master's Degree at Loyola

Accelerated Bachelor’s/Master’s programs allow full-time students to complete both an undergraduate and graduate degree in just five years. Learn more about the Secondary Education MEd Master's degree and eligible undergraduate Bachelor's degrees below.

Secondary Education MEd Graduate Program

This program will prepare you to teach at the high school level. Whether you've envisioned yourself teaching in Chicago, another big city, or a rural community, you'll have the practical skills and professional values you need to support and influence students at a critical, formative time in their life.

Eligible Undergraduate Programs

  • Biology BS
  • Chemistry BA
  • Physics BS
Interested in learning more?

Visit our Secondary Education MEd webpage for information about Career Opportunities, Results & Skills, and more.


Curriculum and Program Outcomes

Loyola’s extensive course catalog will always house the latest Secondary Education MEd Accelerated Bachelor's/Master's program course information, including degree requirements, course descriptions, prerequisite requirements, available concentrations, and more.

Additionally, this resource will provide learning outcomes, showcasing the commitment to specific skills and growth graduates can expect to achieve following completion of the program.

Browse Course Catalog

Step By Step: Chart Your Accelerated Degree Path

  1. Explore options in undergraduate years one and two. Connect with your academic and career advisors and chart a two-year schedule to establish the best path toward your degrees.

  2. Apply in undergraduate year three. Students applying to an Accelerated Bachelors/Masters program will experience a slightly different application process. Please review the Secondary Education MEd program page for process information and required supporting materials. Loyola students do not need to submit official transcripts. Start your application here.

  3. Begin graduate course work. In undergraduate year four, you will take both undergraduate and graduate courses and complete your bachelor's degree.

  4. Complete your graduate course work in year five. Graduate with your master's degree.

Please note that transfer students may have a slightly different timeline. Transfer students who are juniors may apply at the end of their second semester.